These Lemony Protein Balls were inspired by my love for Lemon Zest Luna Bars and Deliciously Ella’s Energy Ball recipes. They’re made up of only 8 ingredients with the help of a food processor, SO EASY! They require no baking, just rolling and refrigeration (or freezing if you don’t think you’ll be eating all 2 dozen within a few weeks).
My Lemony Protein Balls are perfect for so many reasons…
- Not a big breakfast eater? Grab a couple of these to go with your coffee!
- Got a sweet tooth? Perfect – we’ve got you covered with a naturally sweetened, fiber AND protein packed dessert or snack!
- Road tripping or flying for the day? Throw some of these into your bag for a boost of energy!
- 2 cups or 20 pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp hemp protein
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a dough-like consistency forms. If the mixture seems too dry add a teaspoon of coconut oil in at a time, until the mixture sticks to itself.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out the mixture and roll into individual balls.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to a year.
I’m happy to share this simple recipe with you and hope you enjoy! Don’t forget to comment if you give this recipe a shot and hashtag #centeryourchia on Instagram.