Need a dinner party appetizer? Wait, let me rephrase that…Need a vegan dinner party appetizer? GREAT, you’ve come to right place! These Seitan Stuffed Mushrooms are sure to please both vegans and non-vegans alike! If you’re one of those people who has an aversion to mushrooms, go ahead and move on!
Anyways, this recipe was created “on the fly”, like most things these days! I may have failed to mention that I’m raising two beautiful babes when I’m not taking food pictures and trying to get my recipes written down! AND keeping the house in order…..and the list goes on! So, yeah…life’s pretty hectic these days! I was SHOCKED at how seamlessly these came together on a Wednesday afternoon, with zero plans for even making such a thing!
These little guys are extremely flavorful and packed with protein. And if you haven’t heard of “Seitan” before, you’re in luck! I will be sharing recipes to make your own Seitan A.K.A “Wheat Meat” and fun ideas of what exactly to do with this meat! I promise to post the Seitan recipe next and link it in this post! PROMISE!
- 6-8 small portobello caps, rinsed with stems removed
- 1 packed cup of roughly chopped seitan
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes (not in oil - if you only have the ones in oil, then use 3 tbsp of oil instead of ¼ cup)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Panko bread crumbs
- Dried parsley
- Preheat your oven to 375 F
- Add the seitan, olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, walnuts, soy sauce and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse until the stuffing is mixed thoroughly and still remains a rough chop.
- Brush the mushroom caps with olive oil and fill with stuffing (generously)
- Place in an oven safe dish and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with panko bread crumbs and spray (or drizzle) with additional olive oil
- Place the mushrooms back into the oven for up to 10 minutes, until the panko is beginning to turn golden.
- Remove, sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.